Friday, June 7, 2013

phillips after 5

I'm happy to report that this week my friend Maisha and I finally made it to a Phillips After 5! I have been meaning to go to one of these for a long, long time and I'm pleased to say the evening did not disappoint. If you're unfamiliar with the event, the first Thursday of every month, the Phillips Collection hosts an after-hours party with guided tours, activities, music, and refreshments throughout the museum. Last week's theme was "Jazz and Swing of the 1930's" celebrating their new Georges Braque still-life exhibit. Hi-lights included first and foremost the amazing art, I look forward to going back when it is a little less crowded to really spend some time exploring the collection, a live jazz band, a game room stocked with period boardgames, swing-dance performances which were really fun, and lots of tasty food and drinks. (Side note: arrive early if you want the best selection... PA5 is a popular event so tickets and refreshments disappear quickly!) I would highly recommend a trip to the Phillips if you're in the area. Friendly staff, incredible collection, and a great Georges Braque show open June 8th - September 1st 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment