Friday, May 31, 2013

hello washington!

Today officially marks my one month anniversary of living in the District... hard to believe how time flies! Looking back, it feels like just yesterday I was up in New York, frantically packing my books and bags to move down for this new job. After a few slightly stressful days, I found an apartment, finished up classes at Sotheby's, and made it here to begin working as the gallery manager at Heiner Contemporary. This past month has been a total whirlwind learning about my new surroundings, meeting new people and starting to discover all the terrific art this city has to offer. While Washington D.C. is well known for it's museums, many people aren't as aware of the great galleries and working artists who also call the District home. I hope you will join me as I continue to explore and experience contemporary art in Washington and wherever else the job may take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment